We believe the best way to approach school climate change is to completely move to a restorative system. Schools who have moved to this model experience deep reductions in suspensions, reductions in discipline problems, and even increased learning time. Training all faculty and staff as well as parents in Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and restorative practices, as well as how to run restorative circles is the preferred way of creating this change.
This package includes all of the workshops and consulting that the smaller packages have and includes additional trainings and supports to insure a school wide culture change. While there will be immediate changes to school culture from this package, schools and administrators should plan on a multi-year plan to insure ongoing school culture changes.
• 12-hour peer mediation training for up to 20 students and 4 staff members
• 2-hour orientation session for all faculty & staff re: how to use the program
• 3-hour implementation workshop for 3-4 staff members overseeing PM program
• 10 hours consulting to: assist with implementation; mentor peer mediators; coach program staff members
• 7-hour Conflict & Effective Communication workshop for all staff members
• 7-hour Conflict & Effective Communication workshop for all interested parents
• 7-hour Restorative Justice Principles workshop for all staff members
• 7-hour Discipline that Restores workshop for all staff members
• 4-hour Restorative Circles workshop for staff members overseeing RJ program
• 4 hours/month consulting to: assist with implementation; mentor staff RJ program leaders; coach teachers in the classroom with Discipline that Restores model
[callout size=”col-12″ last_column=”” title=”Community Mediation, Inc. can provide mediation and restorative services on a case by case basis” description=”Please call us today if you would like to learn more about this service”]